Monday, November 17, 2008

I Am Legend

TOY: 2008 Hot Wheels
Car Model: 2007 Shelby GT 500

It took me a while to track this specific car down, about a month I think. And I had to go through 5 malls to find it. Anyway, this specific Hot Wheels model had several variants: a black with silver stripes and a white one with blue stripes.

The one that appeared in the movie, I Am Legend, is my favorite. It is the Red with white stripes on it and it just blows away all the other car models that came out for the 2008 lineup...or was it 2007? Oh well, I don't really know for sure but heck it just plain looks cool!

The movie was O.K. and was written by the guy who wrote Million Dollar Baby. It had some nice moments (*ahem*ahem* the opening scene with the Shelby of course, gotta mention that haha) and some memorable scenes *Spoiler Alert*Spoiler Alert* like when he had to put his dog to sleep as it was infected by the virus and was turning into a nasty beast.



BUT...the CG looks so fake! Granted that the movie was not a full on action movie but the lackluster CG effects really killed it for me as they looked like CG characters more suited to a Final Fantasy movie than in a big Hollywood movie like I am Legend.

Here are some more pics of the Hot Wheels car and the Shelby in action. Enjoy!












** Pics were taken using a 2MP Sony Ericsson G502 Cellphone
** Photoshoot location: The Backyard!
** UP Next: Speed Racer. Go Speed go!

No comments: