Tuesday, September 14, 2010

The Dukes of Hazzard

Toy: 1/64 scale Johnny Lightning Dukes Dukes of Hazzard diecast: 1969 Dodge Charger, The General Lee

To be prefectly honest I don't remember much about the T.V. series other than the crazy car chases and Barbara Bach's "Daisy Dukes". The story and plot of the show has completely eluded me. I can distinctly remember wishing that in the ensuing car chases I could get a glimpse of the General Lee jumping over cars or other obstacles; and that pretty much sums up my memory of the The Dukes of Hazzard....and no, I haven't seen the 2005 movie version as well.





The television series, as Wikipedia puts it, stars 2 cousins living in a fictional rural town in Georgia who often foils the evil schemes of the corrupt county Commissioner. There is action, some drama but usually it is light hearted and funny.

The diecast was an easy find really. In fact, I wasn't even trying to look for the General Lee; I actually just stumbled upon it while looking for the Knight Rider car (the 2008 version). As can be expected from a Johnny Lightning car, the quality is top notch and they're still noticeably heavier than a Matchbox or Hot Wheels car. Details are nicely done and the hood opens.

Hope you enjoy these pics. Happy toy hunting!





No comments: